Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day One Con't

Didn't think there was more to add did you? You underestimate my ability to talk ;~)

Once we got back to camp we set up our tent... which I had pictures of... which I lost along with my camera... yep, still don't want to talk about it.

We rolled out our mats and our sleeping bags, situated our gear and headed down for some well deserved food.

Dinner was spaghetti and meatballs, veggies, garlic bread and a brownie for dessert... and I ate every bit of it. I don't generally eat that much food at once but it's amazing what walking 20 miles will do for an appetite ;~)

Then we headed to the showers.

Shocked? Yeah, I was too. They have mobile showers. Think tractor trailer with 8 or so curtained off stalls. Pretty amazing what's out there that you might never think of.

So we showered and let our hair dry in the beautiful weather.

Oh did I forget to mention how gorgeous Friday was? The weather was awesome. So beautiful to walk in during the day and even better to putter around camp in at night!

Once all the primping and cleaning was done... it was off to tend to the feet and knees. Well my feet and her knee!

I got one blister 'taken care of' and that is all I will say about that out of respect for my easy to queasy readers! I bandaged the others and was done. I think I counted 4-5 blisters in all... not too shabby! My SmartWool socks held up well!

Laura sat on the yoga mats stretching while icing her knee for a good 20 minutes.

All in all... not a bad medical tent trip. There were women and men far worse off then us, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment